A Short Attention Span.

Burying my head in the sand won't make it all stop. All the information from popular culture, fake and "real" news sources, politics, and things obvserved on the street all get mixed up. It's such a confusing message. And I have such a short attention span.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

NBC's coverage of the olympics has been decidedly uneven. However I want to know who chose to end the Feb 14th broadcast with U2's Pride (In the Name of Love). Okay, so they just used the chorus, "in the name of love, what more in the name of love." But still, it's a tribute to Martin Luther King, Jr., not for skiers celebrating a gold medal in the olympics. I wasn't offended, but still I wondered who made that choice and if they had a clue about the song.

On a more reflective, I think I hold nothing sacred. I may somewhat disagree with choices, but overall nothing seems to shock/offend me anymore. I have been thinking about this a lot about this lately. Religion is straight out as a belief system, but I have replaced it with nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home